Poem

"A man's home may seem to be his castle on the outside; inside, it is more often his nursery" - Clare Boothe Luce

Thursday, May 24, 2012

28 weeks and counting

Let me just start this by saying it is difficult to write this right now. Not only am I having to sit in the hospital lobby but I have my Fire propped up on my stomach and the babies are playing footsy with it...along with feeling hiccips in my butt (only mom's can relate AND/OR make such statements). Anyways, I know it has been a while since blogging last. Besides the complaints many have read or commented on, not much else goes on around here. This is my prison. Every day is basically the same as the day before only sometimes I have visitors. My day consists of: waking up to someone poking my finger at 6am due to gestational diabetes, my resident Dr swings by around 6:30am to listen to my heart and push on my legs to check for swelling (there hasn't been any swelling), around 7:35-8am breakfast comes (my diet is limited to 1/2 cup scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of toast that is barely toasted, 2 pieces of sausage. Two days of the week I get French toast-2 pieces and another day is 1 blueberry pancake), they do my vitals before I eat and give me the prenatal vitamin and the nurse asks me if I'm having contractions or anything (no), I shower after eating then get put on the NST for 20 min (sometimes a resident Dr does an ultrasound to find the heart locations of each baby but as of recently the babies are generally in the same spot- baby a is on the right is head down and the presenting baby, baby b is on the left and is sometimes resting his head on baby a's head or chest), 2 hours after breakfast they check my blood sugar again, 11:30 is lunch, 2 hours later they check my blood sugar and might do vitals, my Dr here visits sometime in the afternoon to discuss the NST tests, free time between 12-5:30, dinner at 5:30, vitals and blood sugar test 7:30, night nurse routine (contractions, etc), NST test around 9pm, last vitals around 10, then sleep. Weekly I get weighed because of my diet. I have gained 2 lbs since being in here. I'm not ashamed to say I have gained 30 lbs this pregnancy. Last week the babies weighed 2.4lbs and 2.12lbs. Next week we get another growth scan to see how much of a difference their weights will be. Not much else is going on...just counting down the days.

1 comment:

  1. Samantha, you are such an amazing woman. You are strong and you are fighting to bring these babies into the world as healthy, strong little guys. Most moms just plug along in their pregnancies complaining about how uncomfortable they are..how much weight they are gaining, etc. They don't have to even consider to what extent they would go through for their babies..although they would do just what you are doing if need be.

    I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of you. I was proud before...of the really good mom you are to Gavin and how it shows in him. He's so lucky to have you and Brandon. And you certainly chose well when you picked Brandon for your husband. I've seen first hand what a wonderful family man he turned into. You guys have the world in your hands. Everything is going to be ok with all of your children. You are fighting the biggest fight of your life and I KNOW you will win this.

    I believe God gives strength to those facing such obstacles & every day he holds you, Will & Nate close. This will be over soon & you will celebrate your strenght. Keep up the good work. How proud it makes me to say my daughter is doing this for her family.

    I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete